Tuesday, October 4, 2016

#Snowday

Well, we got a snow storm a little too early for anybody's liking.  Except for the kids of course.  While snow in October isn't all that unusual, what really rocked our world was that fact that we had our first ever snow day!  A snow day like, you know, when schools are closed and buses don't run and all that jazz. On October 4th we got to experience this snow day phenomenon for ourselves.





The day started like any other first winter snow day.  Jon left for work and said he would drive me and the girls to school in a shop truck because our truck was stuck in the back until they got the snow cleared. Just as I was scrambling around looking for mitts and ski pants, Jon came home form work and asked if I'd checked my messages.  That's something I don't do very often in the morning due to the fact that I'm kinda busy getting lunches and back packs and the three of us out the door.  "Well you better check," he said, "they're saying the school is closed."  Say what?  Our schools don't close.





But it turned out to be true story.  And the cherry on top of the snow day cone was that staff didn't have to go in either!  I can't hardly describe the feeling of just dropping everything and letting go of all the things that you were prepared to conquer in the day.  I verified with all my teacher buddies that this snow day thing was for real and when it was confirmed I made myself a coffee and sat down and put my feet up.  I'm not sure who was more excited, me or the girls!  

No comments: