Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Grandpa

And September brings sadness once again.  I told Callie that great-grandpa will be living in heaven from now on and she is full of questions that I don't have the answers to.  Questions like "How will he get to heaven?  Will he be alive in heaven?  Is anyone else in heaven?"  After I tell her I don't know the answers to her great questions... she makes up her own answers.

"I think grandpa will become invisible and fly with invisible wings or maybe he'll float to heaven because heaven is up high in the sky.  I think you are alive in heaven too.  Your eyes are open.  And remember mom, uncle Terry moved to heaven too.  So there is someone else there." Callie, age 5.


Grandpa, we are preparing to celebrate your life. And we will find comfort in the arms of the large loving family that you created.  We will be stronger together than we are apart.

No comments: