Monday, August 5, 2013

Savouring...

July 1st feels like you've won the time lottery.  You've got the whole summer ahead of you. August always has a different feel.  Like you were on a time spending spree and now you've got to reign it in and savour every last moment.  

Here's what we've been savouring...

1. August evenings have been cool.  Hot chocolate on the deck in our jammies...

I opted for something a little stronger.  

2. Spending time with friends who you can do everything with or nothing at all.  Just being together is where it's at.  Usually it's all about kids.  But here's a glimpse of the moms behind the scenes...


3.  Endless hours of fort building.  Girls against the boys.  You be the judge...


 4.  Taking advantage of any every moment that the sun shines to hit the beach...



This may have been the girls last tube ride for a while.  It ended with the Callie and Lexi in the water unexpectedly!  They survived, completely unharmed, but may be a little gunshy the next time.  

5. Being creative and making chalkboards like you see on Pinterest...

I haven't sewed since junior high school.  The Home Ec lab at the school was selling the old machines for next to nothing so I decided no better time to see what I can make.  I'll let you know if I actually make anything worthwhile.  I have a feeling it's harder than it looks.  I'm basically counting on the fact that my grandmother and mother can sew and that I got the sewing gene.  

 6.  Exciting fun with cousins.  What could they possibly be looking for in that rock pile...


The kids were on a mission since the moment they heard that there was a snake living by the garden.  They were determined to find it occupying several hours of their time.  Finally some help from their uncle was required.


The kids were all so brave.  I wanted no part of catching, holding, or touching the snake but it was so fun to see the kids so excited.

 7.  Duck Dynasty in the making...



They were eating from the palms of their hands.  So many moments to savour.  This is summer's half way point.  What could there possibly be left to do?

No comments: