Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Summer Awaits

Yesterday was the last day of school.  It started with the girls going to school to pick up their report cards and to say good bye to their teachers and wish them a well deserved vacation.  By the size of the bags of school work the girls lugged home on their last days, I can say that they too deserve a nice long break. 

After the kids say their good byes and pass their report cards off to their parents and they rush off with their friends to get started with summer, the teachers are finishing the day off at school tying up loose ends, organizing piles, excitedly chatting about summer and sadly saying good bye to colleagues who are moving on.  As I worked in my office putting stuff away, laying out stuff for the fall, packing a bag of stuff to do over the summer, my mind reflects on the year and literally I can feel the heavy weight starting to lift as my mind and body begin to transition to holiday mode.










And today, our first day of vacation, what should we do? 
We kicked off Canada Day by riding in the parade with French friends in our first place winning float!  





And then we celebrated Canada's 148th birthday with friends and food and fun!  This is definitely one of my most favorite days of the year.  The weight has lifted and the summer awaits us.  It's a good feeling! 

No comments: