Sunday, September 22, 2013

Adventures in the Yard

Every Sunday there is a shakedown at our house.  Which really means that it's time to get done what needs to be done because the week is nearly upon us.  And this shakedown sounds like a bomb going off in the house.  There is a steady hum from the washing machine, clanging from the dryer, and steam escaping from the dishwasher.  There are baskets of laundry to put away, living room forts to dismantle, groceries to be bought, girls to be bathed...all in preparation for the week ahead.  I'm not sure what happened to Sunday being the day of rest.



This afternoon my fall nesting instincts kicked in so I started with homemade soup.  As my soup was simmering on the stove filling the house with its aroma and my apple crisp was near ready for the oven, Callie says, "can you come outside with me mom?"  My brain suggested a hundred reasons to say no...I'm busy, the mess in the house, the clothes, the dishes, blah, blah...  But then my last thought is always something old grannies would say.  Something along the lines of kids not remembering or caring how clean their house was but always remembering that mom was too busy to play.



And sometimes I am too busy to play.  But today, I turned the stove off and went on an adventure with my girls in the back yard.  Past the fence...which is always a little more exciting.  





And guess what?  When I got back home the mess and the dishes and the clothes were all still there. And I didn't get everything done that I had planned to today. Oh well.  But I did have fun with theses girls...
 


...on our adventure in the yard.

No comments: