Friday, January 10, 2014

January.

 So you remember all those happy, glorious holiday posts over the last month?  Well they're all gone and what we're left with is January.  And let's face it.  There isn't anything too pretty about January.  I wonder if people who live in Florida get the January blahs or if its just us cold climaters?  Here's a little look at what getting back into routine looked like this week.

Monday morning... Little sister is still smiling but big sister just wants to cover her head.  That's a gourmet breakfast of Cheerios.  And it felt very dark.  My only rule over the holidays was that no one could get out of bed until it was daylight so the darkness was a little hard to take.  Oh, and of course it was -29 without the windchill.  Just to make returning to routine that much more enjoyable.



But as it turns out, we survived Monday and the rest of the week.  Just barely.  And I guess it's a good thing that children are back in school learning important things. Things more important than how to turn on Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse on Netflix.  Callie asked me today what the color of the Olympic rings were.  I could have guessed but we asked our best friend just to be sure.  She was learning about the Olympics at school this week and came home excited to tell me all about it.  She never would have learned that in the Dreamhouse.



And here's Callie teaching her sister the dance moves to the Macarena.  Which she also learned at school this week.  I'm guessing the teachers are getting creative with all these indoor recesses.



And me?  Well I fought off another stomach flu, I replaced my wine glass with lemon water and I made a date with my old pal Mr. Treadmill.  



 The joys of January.  Keep on keeping on.  That's all I've got to say.

No comments: