Monday, January 27, 2014

To Be Continued

Three years ago when I started writing this blog, I had envisioned a space to post my pictures and go on and on about my how much I loved my family and how cute my girls were without nauseating everyone on Facebook.  I wanted to exploit the small pleasures of daily life.  I wanted to write about the smell of freshly bathed babies, adventures in our backyard and all of life's little details.  



Things have changed in three years.  The girls are growing up.  Their world is getting bigger.  Their adventures are taking them beyond the confines of the backyard.  The lives in our family are getting busier and more complex.  And all the tiny moments are still happening all around us but I just don't get to writing about them as much as I once did or as much as I wish that I could.  



Things that I would like to write about are in my mind all the time. I make up stories in my thoughts about how snuggly Lexi is and how good her hugs make me feel and how soft her cheeks are.  And I write the words in my head of how proud I am of Callie, how she works so hard at her school work and the joy she brings me when she plunks away at the piano and reads me her storybooks. 

The words are there, the moments are abundant, but I don't always get the chance to put them in this space as much as I once did.





I've thought of giving up the blogger life many times.  Telling myself that I'm too busy, too tired, or that I have nothing new to say.



But something keeps bringing me back here.  Something is keeping me up tonight at 12:45am typing these words and posting these pictures of this weeks regular everyday things.  So I will continue on until that something changes.  So raise your glass...and here's to a scaled back, doing the best we can with what we've got, year number four of From the Heart.  Cheers.

No comments: