Sunday, January 19, 2014

More of Januay.

We are over the mid-January hump and since our national pastime is to talk about the weather, here is our local, grade one, weather report...


I haven't been around my computer much lately.  I've been spending A LOT of time in the kitchen.  Since it is January, there has to be some kind of health challenge.  Last year it was pedometers.  This year it's "The Shred".  Did you know that nobody diets anymore?  All the cool kids do what's called "clean eating".  And since I'm a wanna be cool, hip, happening, mother of two, I decided to jump on this clean eating bandwagon.  For now anyway.  So basically this clean eating plan means that I spend my evenings cooking to prepare for the next days feed, I frequent the grocery store to buy fresh, salt free, sugar free, unprocessed, no pre packaged anything, and I spend the day trying to fit in meals every two hours in between work, day care drop off, preschool pick ups, gymnastics, piano, dance and skating lessons and of course, my own work out.  Its not forever.  It's labour intensive.  But I'm feeling up to the challenge.

So when I'm not cooking, eating or at the grocery store here's what we did for fun this past week...

 Our first outdoor skate...



A snowmobile ride, or two...


And friends over for a play date...






We've got lots of things happening in the upcoming weeks.  The next six weekends are booked.  One of those weekends includes a birthday party for the almost seven year old in our house.   So far we've had Bears, Pirates and Snowmen.  What could be next?  I'll give you a hint.  The streamers are Blue.  

Until then, enjoy this little video of the months of the year, Macarena style...

No comments: