Friday, December 26, 2014

Joyful and Triumphant

This morning when I stepped out of my bedroom, the house was quiet.  The sun was shining.  The trees outside were winter perfect covered in frosting.  The living room, that had all things in perfect order just two days ago, was a happy disaster.  I tiptoed across the cold kitchen floor, past the kitchen table that had been pushed aside to make room for scooter riding, and made my way to the coffee pot. I considered having chocolates and cookies for breakfast with my coffee but I resisted.

This is what things looked like on Christmas Eve.  We celebrated at home.  We took pictures in front of the tree.  Our friends came over.  Grandma and Papa came over too.  We ate yummy food.  We listened to Christmas music.  We had candles glowing.  And since Santa got Callie's letter, he knew exactly where to find us this Christmas Eve!



















We missed our usual Christmas Eve get together this year but technology is a wonderful thing and we were able to share the night via FaceTime with our family in Palm Springs.

And in the morning we sat back and let all that is Christmas unfold in front of us.







I don't even know what to say about it all.  We are just so. so, so blessed with all good things.
We are healthy.
We are happy.
Our hearts are full.
Merry Christmas from our house to yours!!

No comments: