Sunday, July 24, 2016

Summer Camp

Each year kids everywhere go to summer camp.  Overnight camp, day camp, sports camp, art camp, French camp... all kinds of camps.  If I mention any kind of camp to my girls they react like it would be the worst thing in the world.  I try to explain that most kids actually want to go to camp, that they usually have tons of fun at camp, there are lots of things to do and other kids to play with etc. etc. But no, at this time these girls are not interested in leaving their mom and dad for any part of the day or night and pretty much freak out if I mention signing them up for anything.  I have no idea if this is normal or not but I'm rolling with it because despite the media's spin that moms rejoice about their kids leaving for camp or going back to school, I actually love having my girls home with me.  We don't home-school but we definitely home-summer! 


Who needs summer camp when you have friends with a pool and a dad who's practicing for the Olympic kid throwing event!






And we can't forget the Olympic freestyle pool jumping event.  I wonder if there's a camp for that? The competition was intense and there was no clear winner but the smiles were golden!













If there was a camp that had a counsellor who served up kids slushie mudslides then my kids would be first in line! We could call it Camp Shylo.  The girls already have their bags packed and are ready to move in!







The dad celebrated his birthday at Camp Shylo.  Now this is the our kind of camp...a family and friends and good times kinda camp. Sign us up.

No comments: