Saturday, March 5, 2011

No More Questions

First it was the space bar, then it was shift, and today it was the question mark. I have had three computers in the last 4 years and each one has lost one of its keys to the hands of my children.  This morning, as I sipped my coffee, I thought I would check my email and read some status updates while Callie and Lexi were being entertained by Mickey Mouse. 

The computer is like a kid magnet.  Everyone is happily enjoying their thing until the moment the laptop gets opened.  Before you know what is happening the cyber-magnetic force pulls kids away from toys, snacks and TV and instantly little fingers are pushing buttons and shmucking up the screen. 

Today the question mark lost its life at the hands of a big, heavy Mickey Mouse sticker book thumped on the keyboard by Lexi. (????-they now need to be cut and pasted from elsewhere.)


We have gotten into this little routine over these winter months. Me and the girls like to go out for breakfast on Saturday morning.  So that is what we did today.  Gotta love restaurant coloring and soup crackers to pass the time until the pancakes arrive.  And after the question mark casualty...I needed some more coffee.


We also put on our aprons and baked some chocolate chip cookies today.  Usually baking of any kind involves two kitchen chairs pushed up to the counter and six hands mixing and stirring and adding ingredients.  But today the girls spotted the chocolate chips and by putting some into two little bowls for Callie and Lexi, I ended up rolling the cookie balls by myself as they devoured their treats.  The only sound in the house was some chocolate lip smakin' and the call for a glass of milk to wash it down. 

Is there anything better than warm chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven (question mark)

Enjoy your Saturday.

No comments: